Monday, June 10, 2013

The Ultimate European Vacation

It has been my lifelong dream (well, my life isn't that long, but still) to go to Europe. I dream mainly of Paris, but I also aspire to go to other city hotspots on my dream vacation. Ten places was too many, so I did five instead. It was really hard, because of all those amazing Italian cities, but I finally narrowed it down.



My Top Five European Destinations: 


1. Paris, France

What girl doesn't want to go to Paris? I dream of the cute corner bakeries, filled with baguettes (I simply adore baguettes) and chocolate croissants. I dream of the Eiffel Tower, the graceful steel arches curving into an architectural masterpiece. I dream of the cobblestone streets, the high fashion, the intriguing accent. But most of all, I dream of the lovely aura of sophistication and elegance that European cities just seem to ooze, Paris especially.




2. London, England

You really can't go to Europe without going to London. London has such rich history I can help but tour it. It has a famous and beloved monarchy. It is also home to favorite British singers and bands (cough cough One Direction cough cough). Plus, I want to see Big Ben and and wear those awesome British flag shirts!




3. Venice, Italy

Oh, with the gondolas, canals, and unforgettable romantic ambiance, Venice is definitely on my list. There are some beautiful art galleries, and the restaurants (delicious pasta!) are fantastic, or at least that's what I hear. I just want to cruise down the Grand Canal at twilight listening to soft opera music, with a picturesque view that looks like it came straight from a painting. *Sigh*





4. Rome, Italy



I tries really hard not to pick two Italian places, but I couldn't help it. With Venice, Rome, Florence, Milan, Naples, and others, it was just too hard to resist. Anyway, I want to visit Rome, like London, partly because it has rich history. You know all the emperors that rules there? I want to see the Colosseum and the Pantheon, and then get some yummy lunch on the way home. I hear they also have excellent pasta and that really good ice cream stuff. What's it called? Oh yeah! Gelato!




5. Barcelona, Spain

I actually had to do a bit of research on this one. I wasn't sure what to do for my last city. I didn't want yet another Italian city, but other places didn't have that much pull. I thought about Athens, Geneva, and Dublin, and cities in Russia and Turkey, but none of them did it for me. I actually had to got o a travel website to find my last destination- Barcelona. The almost surreal city has gorgeous buildings and adorable sidewalk cafes. It's a little off the beaten path for me, but I want to try it. Vacations are about exploring new places, and maybe even yourself. So I hope I can take my Ultimate European Vacation one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment