Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Photography: The Start of Something New?

Photography.

The word still sounds new in my mouth.

Before, I was always entranced by more romantic art, like painting or sketching. But I might have found a passion in a much newer form of art.

My favorite thing to take photos of are flowers. I especially enjoy using different angles, whether it be head on...




... or looking up





I also really enjoy taking pictures of nature scenes. There is a beautiful lake close to my house, and my family and I often take walks around it. I brought the camera one time to see how photos would turn out. I soon discovered that any photographer, even an amateur one, needs a tripod to hold their camera steady. The photos are at night, so they're pretty dark. I was captivated by the reflection of light across the murky waters, but the effect was ruined by my lack of a tripod.


This photo was only slightly blurry, but overall a good photo.



This was a good shot I got of the fountain in the center of the lake, and the only picture that isn't blurry. I was able to steady my camera on the side of a railing to support it.



Some of them are so blurry you see lines instead of individual lights.


Hopefully, in the future I will have the proper equipment and skills to take better photos! Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment